Geocap Shelf is a full 3D toolbox including everything needed for continental shelf delineation in accordance with United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, Article 76.
Geocap Shelf is a complete solution for continental shelf mapping and determination of a nation's continental shelf beyond the 200 nautical mile limit according to Article 76 in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
Geocap Shelf includes 3D visualization, Seismic interpretation, Depth conversion, Mapping, Foot of slope analysis, Outer Limit Generation, Final Outer Limit Table Generation, Base Line and Points analysis, Mid-line Generation, Sediment thickness generation and UNCLOS Article 76 specific algorithms.
Geocap Shelf also comes with additional functionality, including the Geocap Programming Language.
Maritime Zones plugin
Download white paper.
The Maritime Zones plugin extends the Shelf package with additional capabilities for calculating maritime zones:
- An easy to use wizard that lets you setup calculation parameters for the 3NM, 12NM, 24NM and 200NM distance lines.
- Calculations take both normal and straight baselines into account.
- Works directly with ArcGIS feature classes and sits on top of the Datalink for ArcGIS plugin. It uses the familiar ArcGIS Table of Contents, ArcMap 2D view and toolbars found in ArcGIS desktop.
- The calculation also store contributing critical points.
- All results are stored as new feature classes and can be efficiently examined using the embedded ArcGIS tools or saved as a mxd map document for further processing in ArcGIS.